What legacy will you leave for the place you call home?
By planning a legacy gift to the McKenzie River Trust, you play a significant role in helping to protect special lands and the rivers that flow through western Oregon from the McKenzie, Middle Fork, Coast Fork and main stem of the Willamette to the Long Tom, Siuslaw and the Umpqua River.
If you have already included MRT in your estate plans, please let us know. We would like to welcome you to the Confluence Legacy Club.
How you can make a planned gift
No matter your income level, planned giving offers you a way to support what you care about in life. There are many ways to leave a legacy gift to the McKenzie River Trust. You can name MRT as a beneficiary of all or a portion of your estate. Here are a few of the most common ways to make a legacy gift.
- Bequest: Allocate a specific amount, percentage or remainder of your estate or other assets to MRT in your will.
- Retirement Plan Designation: Make MRT a beneficiary of your IRA or other retirement plan.
- Life Insurance Policy: Designate a specific amount or percentage of your life insurance policy to MRT.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Establish a tax exempt trust that pays income to your loved ones. When the trust terminates, the remaining assets will be paid to MRT.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Fund a trust that pays income to MRT for a period of time. At the end of the term, the remainder will be returned to you or your heirs.
Mike and Bev Hollander
“We believe that MRT is doing a tremendous job in protecting lands to keep our plant and wild life in a healthy state. This is difficult work. It takes special skill to recognize these lands, time and patience to obtain and manage them and, yes, money to keep the ball rolling.” – Mike Hollander, Confluence Legacy Club member, pictured at left
“When we die, we hope to leave a ripple in the pond that supports the ongoing and effective action of MRT. It is our honor to donate a portion of our estate to do this important work and keep the ripples and rivers flowing.” – Bev Hollander, Confluence Legacy Club member, pictured above right
Join the Confluence Legacy Club
Benefits of membership in the Confluence Legacy Club
We look forward to inviting legacy members to exclusive gatherings on the land to celebrate newly protected properties alongside MRT Board, staff and other legacy club members.
How to join the Confluence Legacy Club
We would like to express our gratitude for your decision. Please share your decision with us so we can welcome you as a member of the Confluence Legacy Club.
Click here for a printable Confluence Legacy Club card that you can mail to us to share your decision.
If you have any questions or would like more information about becoming a member of the Confluence Legacy Club, please contact Brandi Crawford Ferguson, Donor Relations Manager:
- Phone: 541-345-2799
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: McKenzie River Trust, 1245 Pearl Street, Eugene, OR 97401
Please consult your financial adviser about making a legacy gift.
Our federal tax ID number is: 93-1029808.